Here are a few things that the Lord has taught me about remaining in constant fellowship with Him:
1. Continuous repentance: Sometimes it is easy to sin in my thought-life while I am working by judging someone; or pitying myself over circumstances in the past or present; or justifying my actions or words in a self-defensive manner; unforgiving attitudes; complaining; discontentment; etc. The Lord has spoken to my heart so many times to repent from these thoughts which only bring discouragement and self-righteousness.
2. Seeking to be anointed by the Holy Spirit every moment, always seeing my own need.
3. Worshipping God: I can worship my God in Spirit and in truth, for He is worthy of all glory!!(Revelation 4:10,11)
4. Loving God and loving others genuinely with the love of Christ.
5. Thanksgiving: Giving thanks to the Lord helps me count my blessings and see the goodness of God in all circumstances.
6. Praising God: This helps me acknowledge His presence with me, and trust in His love and power. (Psalm 28:7)
7. Joy: “In His presence there is fullness of joy” (Psalm 16:11), so living in His presence helps me rejoice in the Lord always!!
8. Listening to God’s promptings to pray for, encourage or help someone.
Nothing good dwells in my flesh (Romans 7:18), and, all my bright ideas and self-righteousness are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). But God is working in me, giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases Him (Philippians 2:13).
So, let us press on to such a life of living constantly in His presence and abiding in Him, so that at the end of each day we may have our joy complete in Him.
“It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery” (Galatians 5:1).
Finally, here’s a secret I learned from brother Zac Poonen: Never settle for a defeated life thinking it’s normal just because most of the Christians around you are living the same way. If you seek for it, you will find the new living way.
By Pradha Chakravarthy at RLCF / Picture by Skitterphoto
You must be logged in to post a comment.